1600 Rubber Set

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
lukeduffy

1600 Rubber Set

Post by lukeduffy »

Hey guys,

I have a 4 door 68 datsun 1600 that I am restoring and am wonder if anyone has any recommendations on where to get an entire car rubber set from? ( windscreen, doors. Boot etc)

I see a few options on the forum as well as at Datsport and Rarespares. But has anyone bought any off the likes of eBay which are quite cheap? Or is it a case of you get what you pay for, quality wise? Just wonder what others experiences and opinions are. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Cheers
Luke
82m
Regular

Re: 1600 Rubber Set

Post by 82m »

i brought some off ebay for my 620. They were shit. Poor fitment and the screen rubbers all cracked within a year. The window ones peeled off the metal the first time i rolled the windows down. If you find a different supplier let us know
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

I bought the Thailand stuff ages ago. I've fitted the door seals and they seem all good, can't comment on the windscreen rubbers as they're not fitted but they seem soft still 5 years later...
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

I can’t comment on the eBay stuff but Datsport is a one stop shop for every rubber you’ll need and the rubber is made in South Australia I believe.
My orangatang 510 here.
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

phils rotary parts based in aussie are great, and a lot cheaper than datsport. in my experiences anyway. dont let the name put you off. they are really onto it.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
68p510sss
Regular
aka: Andrewj

Post by 68p510sss »

While in Au I bought Rarespares door seals, I haven't used them yet but they seem good. Their window seals where not right for our trim. As I understand it the 510's made in Au had local content that is different to the rest of the world. They didn't make the 68 model so they refer to the screen rubbers like we use as 68 model. Buy those for any NZ or Jap 510 and you should be safe. Good luck and please report on what you use I will need to get screen rubbers very soon.
70 510 rally car rebuilt and prepared as a classic race car
68 510 sss, retired rally car, currently a bare shell being restored
72 510 sss, awaiting restoration
72 510 sss, retired race car back on the road sold to my son
lukeduffy

Post by lukeduffy »

Cheers for the feed back! Im talking to the guys at Phil's Rotarys at the moment to see what they can offer. If not I think I'll just go with Datsport. A little price but at the end of the day at least I know what I'm getting. The last thing I want to do is battle with fitment or in a few years time having to change them again. Haha!!