Bolts Bolts Bolts. HELP!! Strut to ball knuckle

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
twin120ys
Committee Members
aka: Darrell or Cole

Bolts Bolts Bolts. HELP!! Strut to ball knuckle

Post by twin120ys »

Having a real hard time sorting this one out.
These bolts have a round head with a flat part designed to sit against the flat bit on the strut when you tighten.

Basically the go between the two points as pictured, they seem to be a special diameter as I've got some m10 (I think) in there at the moment but they aren't aren't tight fit.
This causes my wheen alignment to go out each time I take the strut off.

Scott at Cockram has tried but had no luck, my best bet seems to be finding some second had ones.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
75 120y B210 Sedan
75 120y B210 SSS Sedan Project
77 120y B210 Sedan Project (almost complete!)

75 120y B210 SSS SEDAN (sold)
75 120y B210 SEDAN (sold)
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Re: Bolts Bolts Bolts. HELP!! Strut to ball knuckle

Post by 510BRE »

hey mate on the arm that goes between the outer tierod end and bottom arm balljoint the (spindal steering arms ) from memory there should be a raised ring on spindal steering arm around where the balljoint is bolted to spindal steering arm to locate the shock . but yours looks not to have this . and the only reasons i can think off is that some body has put different shocks to your spindal arm or the spindal arm has been changed and does not match your shock 100 % and this would be to correct a little bump steer .
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

I know what you are saying because the bolt is 10mm but the shoulder will be 10.2 or something like that, the only place you will get them now would be second hand hand. they look like b310 or b210 struts and they are the "small" version

I would be asking on the ministock facebook pages for some or hopefully some one on here can help, isn't there a guy named ian in nelson I think with a heap of b210s??? and theres a b210 wagon wreking on trademe atm

have you lost your ones or what?
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Cole, I have some at home from memory which mmight work. I think one of them is stripped tho as I remember replacing them with bolts. Will dig them out this weekend.

I seem to recall my bottom arm/knuckle having a locating ring which held the strut in place so small play in the bolts didn't matter.
twin120ys
Committee Members
aka: Darrell or Cole

Post by twin120ys »

tlssunny wrote:I know what you are saying because the bolt is 10mm but the shoulder will be 10.2 or something like that, the only place you will get them now would be second hand hand. they look like b310 or b210 struts and they are the "small" version

I would be asking on the ministock facebook pages for some or hopefully some one on here can help, isn't there a guy named ian in nelson I think with a heap of b210s??? and theres a b210 wagon wreking on trademe atm

have you lost your ones or what?
yup b210 struts 50mm large 120y ones. Yeah it's a funny size and as you guys are saying, there is a locating ring on the bottom of strut (it's circle) so it can still rotate sideways unless the bolt is the correct size.

My running gear for the 120y came from another car when I brought it years ago, and they were stripped badly so I put some m10 in there and have realized the issue with my wheel alignments finally...

I'll give Ian a go!
beaver wrote:Cole, I have some at home from memory which mmight work. I think one of them is stripped tho as I remember replacing them with bolts. Will dig them out this weekend.

I seem to recall my bottom arm/knuckle having a locating ring which held the strut in place so small play in the bolts didn't matter.
That would be great Andrew, thanks. Ron Clifton is also checking his shed for me this weekend

I suppose everyone else's bolts just haven't stripped yet?
75 120y B210 Sedan
75 120y B210 SSS Sedan Project
77 120y B210 Sedan Project (almost complete!)

75 120y B210 SSS SEDAN (sold)
75 120y B210 SEDAN (sold)
taiparacer
Datsun Dreamer

Post by taiparacer »

Found box with bolts in