Anybody keen to look at a car in auckland?

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Anybody keen to look at a car in auckland?

Post by dadams »

Hey chaps,

Thinking of buying another Datsun 1200 that is in Auckland, looking for abit of help from one of you lovely lads to have a look over it for me being that I'm in Wellington.

Basic stats are its an old Datsun and I really want to know how she is for rust before I go any further.

Guy is based around Pukekohe somewhere, do have his details on hand if anybody can help out.

Thanks guys

Adam
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Re: Anybody keen to look at a car in auckland?

Post by grant76 »

its not as good as you'd hope for a one owner from new, but its better rust-wise than yours from the photo's i've seen of your one
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

grant76 wrote:its not as good as you'd hope for a one owner from new, but its better rust-wise than yours from the photo's i've seen of your one
Yea pretty much looking for something better body wise, i.e little rust, don't care about paint dents or running gear.

I take it you've had a look over it? Guy has sent me some extra pics and it looks fairly rust free.. but you cant really tell much from photos.
What was your thoughts of it?
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Post by grant76 »

Rust hole right through middle of bonnet, usual rust in guards, roof above drivers door has got something funky going on, bit of bog in sills and behind rear guards, rear drivers side pillar has some bog. Tailgate looks ok. He's cut some holes in rear floor for the towbar so needs some patching. Long dent/crease through passenger door into rear quarter. Floors looked ok. Couple of cracks in dash. Small hole in drivers seat, passenger looked ok. This is all from memory, was 3 odd weeks ago. Wasn't as good as I was expecting from a one owner car, it's got a bit of bog around and who knows what the roof could turn into, but it's probably a decent solidish project.
Last edited by grant76 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

What colour was it?
Was it the green one?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

Nah, light blue one on trademe
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Post by grant76 »

It sounds a bit rugged from my last post but I Do think it would make a decent project, good luck
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

grant76 wrote:It sounds a bit rugged from my last post but I Do think it would make a decent project, good luck
Cheers, at the end of the day the body has to be a lot more sound than my one, the deeper i dig the worse it is. Pretty much past the point of saving, or at least on my budget and skill level!
Cheers for the insight, do have a joker from oldschool t'd up to have a look over it for me so watch this space!