BEWARE SCAMMERS!!!!!

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
spiderwebfx
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Chris

Re: BEWARE SCAMMERS!!!!!

Post by spiderwebfx »

I know I'm not much of a member here, but deleting things is a bad idea, it 'cause holes in databases relating to potential site issues.

Better off banning known spammers or making a usergroup called spammers or something, and then just locking their posts. Deleting from PM's wouldn't be too bad though.

I'd also imagine that phpBB forums have a way to make a usergroup hidden from people so that anyone in it don't get shown in the memberlist or anything? Maybe, I don't know.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

They do have groups that can be hidden and restricted......I could do that instead in the future.

Why would deleting a user cause holes and a bad database e.t.c? (sorry dont know much about database's)

and if deleting a user would do this.....then what about deleting posts?......Or deleting private messages e.t.c.?
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

datsunboy wrote:They do have groups that can be hidden and restricted......I could do that instead in the future.

Why would deleting a user cause holes and a bad database e.t.c? (sorry dont know much about database's)

and if deleting a user would do this.....then what about deleting posts?......Or deleting private messages e.t.c.?
You are deleting a entry/link as opposed to removing all related entries related to the member and their posts (and quotes on posts etc). Once the link is gone, references could/would break and be unable to be referenced... Should be fine though as they're a scammer, not a long term member/poster.
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Seriously guys, I am sure phpBB doesn't ever delete the user. Hitting delete from the admin interface (where datsunboy will be doing it) will just flag the user as deleted ( I could be wrong, but that would be the worst deign ever unless deleting the user record deleted all related records too, and even then that would not be a "best practice" method).

The developers are not mugs. The term you are looking for is orphan records. Where the join table records can no longer match the primary or foreign keys in the related tables.

Anyhow, just delete the user from the admin interface and that should sort the rest for you.
My orangatang 510 here.
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

gingofthesouth wrote:Seriously guys, I am sure phpBB doesn't ever delete the user. Hitting delete from the admin interface (where datsunboy will be doing it) will just flag the user as deleted ( I could be wrong, but that would be the worst deign ever unless deleting the user record deleted all related records too, and even then that would not be a "best practice" method).

The developers are not mugs. The term you are looking for is orphan records. Where the join table records can no longer match the primary or foreign keys in the related tables.

Anyhow, just delete the user from the admin interface and that should sort the rest for you.
I think we were thinking worse case scenario, removing via SQL query on the database...perhaps...anywho, we're still here ;)
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

braasmonkey wrote:
gingofthesouth wrote:Seriously guys, I am sure phpBB doesn't ever delete the user. Hitting delete from the admin interface (where datsunboy will be doing it) will just flag the user as deleted ( I could be wrong, but that would be the worst deign ever unless deleting the user record deleted all related records too, and even then that would not be a "best practice" method).

I think we were thinking worse case scenario, removing via SQL query on the database...perhaps...anywho, we're still here ;)
Lol I guess so.
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

A user on a non php forum I frequent got deleted. In my PM inbox a message from them was listed as having been sent from anonymous.
Douchebags who are trying to scam need to be erased. Most of them have no posts anyway. PM-ing someone nad saying I have the specified item(s) in good condition is lazy. If they're too fucking useless to atleast name the iten they';re trying to scam you for, they need to be deleted from the board.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
chube82
Regular
aka: chubbah

Post by chube82 »

his name is Micheal Woods Jr from UK ,i was about to put a alert out but see its alredy been done. If you google search his e-mail address you find a scammer alert filed from a guy in the USA.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

You'd have to be pretty stupid to try and buy stuff off them.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Reverend

Post by Reverend »

Seems like you guys have got your share of scammers as well. I live in Finland and numbers of scammers are booming. Mostly arabic. Parts and cars have even been stolen.

They are trying to rip off every single LHD Datsun (mostly 6 cylinders) because their law do not allow to import RHD cars. Youtube is littering with videos where they drift on saudi deserts, poor old Datsuns..